“I’m thrilled to see HOPE Community launched with Jonny Gios as the Community Networker. His experience of 16 years of community engagement, pastorally and around youth ministry stands him in good stead for this position and some of the innovative initiatives that Jonny has done have really established the church at the heart of its community.
HOPE Community is obviously a separate charity to HOPE but holds the same values and I would strongly endorse your commitment to it in both prayer and giving to see it prosper and its success in the church being at the heart of its community with both words and action. I wholeheartedly endorse the trustees and Jonny to see the Kingdom of God extend within the North West.”
‘To partner with churches to respond to the felt needs of their communities through accepting, empowering and supporting. Sharing the love of God in word and action to bring about community transformation’
- Our focus is to help churches engage with their local communities to bring about transformation. With this focus we will:
- Help churches respond to the felt needs of their communities in relation to health, social and spiritual issues (James 2:18). To strive to see people come into a living and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Remain flexible and to be led by the felt needs of communities that churches represent. ( Acts 2:45)
- Assist in relieving the poverty in communities through helping churches establish programmes for end users.
- Promote and establish community cohesion through assisting churches to work alongside residents with various projects.
- Within this strategic plan:
- The geographical focus of the work undertaken will primarily be the counties of Cumbria, Lancashire and North Yorkshire. However there is no geographical limitation if the Trustees deem an opportunity viable to fulfill the objectives of the charity.
- To aim for professional excellence, honesty, transparency and compassion without exception or exclusion.
- To encourage staff and volunteers to develop to their full potential and support them where practical in that process. Specifically, by giving advice, guidance, prayer, friendship and training.
- To be a responsible employer.
- To be honest about what we can deliver and where we will need to call on other expertise.
- To develop a commitment to community development.
- To fully comply with our Duty to Care policies which, where practical, will exceed statutory responsibilities.
- To be fully transparent in all our dealings whether practical day to day working or financial information.
- To be respectful to church leaders and their members.
- To be a charity that is committed to prayer
- To communicate effectively to supporters and donors.
- To foster a spirit of working WITH churches, church leaders and volunteers.
The Church is the result of God’s Mission and we are encouraged to join in with His mission agenda. We are commanded to “go and make disciples and to share the Good News of Jesus” ( Matthew 28:19). Gone are the days of the Church just opening up its doors and expecting new people to walk through them.
God is active in our communities and is working in people’s lives. The church has an opportunity to make a difference in those communities God has placed us in. Hope Community is committed to work both in Word and Action, for maximum transformational impact. Essentially, we strive to reconnect our local communities to Christ.
Hope Community is able to offer a huge variety of resources and tools for effective evangelism. These will be available in response to felt needs that are identified for a community to develop and be transformed alongside the local church.
Hope Community aspires to build on the success of Hope 08 that brought many churches together to serve their communities through Word and Action. Hope has brought churches together in mission across the UK. The goal of Hope is to see individuals and communities in villages, towns and cities throughout the UK transformed by Jesus’ love.
- To develop models of community engagement with churches that can be transformative in their communities.
- To actively share the love of God intentionally in Word and Action.
- To develop entrepreneurial programmes that can help respond to needs and be dynamic enough to be transferable to other locations. E.g. Give A Day project.
- To have good working practices and demonstrate respect when working ecumenically with churches. To bring unity where possible with joint evangelistic projects.
- To raise the profile of Hope Community through talks, presentations, video and use of social media.
- To equip churches with resources that will enhance them to successfully evangelise and better disciple.
- To promote the year of mission in 2018 with Hope Together (hopetogether.org) in Words and Action.
- To develop, train and invest in volunteers in relation to community engagement.
- To gather together people of prayer who are passionate about seeing God change communities
- To develop key relationships with statutory organisations that would benefit the church